If you have any questions about the Craft Insurance Policy, you may be able to find your answer in the frequently asked questions below

General Frequently Asked Questions

Who is this insurance policy for?

The policy is specifically designed for crafts people who make and sell, teach and demonstrate their craft. The policy is suitable for individuals, hobbyists, craft clubs, as well as registered businesses

I don’t live in the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.  Can I get cover with you?

You must be a permanent resident of the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands to be able to have a Craft Insurance policy.

I don’t have access to the internet / don’t have an email address.  Can I apply by post or phone?

You must complete an online application.  Regrettably, we cannot receive applications by any other means, or complete applications on your behalf.  You will need a valid email address and access to the internet to set up a policy.

What are my payment options?

We accept payment by credit/debit card; internet transfer; cheque

Hiscox offers an interest-free direct debit facility over 12 installments.  You can’t set up direct debits on our website, so you will need to phone us to do this.

Eligibility criteria applies

Who do I contact if I want to amend or cancel my policy?

Always contact us here at Ian W Wallace Ltd.  Amendments cannot be made through Hiscox

Who do I contact if I need to make a claim?

Hiscox claims Team

For all new property claims please use property.claims@hiscox.com and for all new liability claims, you should email liability.claims@hiscox.com. The claims team can be contacted Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30, on +44 (0)1206 773 899 (please select option one or two as appropriate).

Public and Products Liability frequently asked questions

Which level of public and products liability do I require?

We cannot advise which limit you will need.  Some event organisers will be specific if they want you to have a certain limit of cover.  Ultimately, it is your choice which limit to go for and what you feel comfortable with

What is the excess on the public and products liability?

There is no excess

Does the public and products liability cover me to go to craft fairs?

Yes.  The cover applies at any event you attend in relation to your craft.  The product liability also applies for online sales, rent a shelf scenarios, and selling your handmade crafts through other peoples’ shops

If I want to organise a craft fair or market, will the policy cover me for that?

Unfortunately not.  You will need to take a separate policy with a different insurer for that

Does the policy cover me for selling worldwide?

Yes, the cover is worldwide, however there are some limitations if you wish to sell to USA/Canada.

Providing that your estimated annual turnover to USA/Canada does not exceed £25,000 cover is automatically included, however the limit of Public and products liability is capped at £500,000 in the aggregate including defence costs.

The policy covers goods sold, supplied or distributed anywhere in the world, but claims must be brought against you in the United Kingdom or Ireland.