To give an extra layer of protection for you or club craft club you might want to think about insuring the essential items you need to run your business against loss, damage or theft.
Business items cover explained
We offer additional cover for your stock, materials, tools and equipment used in connection with your craft business, which belong to you, or are owned a club and used for club activities
- Saleable Stock:
Finished handmade items created and sold by you, or in your care.
- Materials, moulds & templates:
Raw materials (including work in progress), moulds and templates used to produce your handmade items.
- Craft tools / equipment / Desktop Computers & ancillary equipment:
Hand tools, machinery and equipment and computer equipment used by you during the creation of your handmade items.
- Other Business Items:
Event equipment used at shows to include electronic card readers, stands, tables, stalls and associated equipment other than portable electronic equipment. Furniture, fixtures and fittings, excluding buildings, fixed glass, sanitary fittings and personal effects.
- Portable Electronic Equipment:
Portable equipment used by you, including laptops and tablets, mobile phones and smart phones, cameras, video cameras and other media recording devices and accessories.
How much cover for Business Items should I buy?
You can insure as much or as little as you wish. The quotations are based directly on the amount you insure, so it’s best not to insure more than you have, otherwise you’ll be paying for extra cover that you don’t need and cannot claim for.
What’s included in the Craft Insurance Business Items cover?
- loss or theft of, or damage to tangible business property which belongs to you or for which you are legally responsible
- loss or theft of money belonging to you and held in connection with the business anywhere in the world up to £500
- the costs of replacing locks or keys, necessary to maintain the security buildings or safes used by you, following their theft up to £250
- the costs and expenses incurred by you if a craft fair, exhibition or event within the UK or Ireland for which you have pre-booked your place is postponed, abandoned, cancelled or relocated up to £250
- The standard excess is £50 for Each and Every claim
- For portable electronic equipment the excess is £150
- The most we will pay for any one item, pair or set is £5,000. This is in respect of stock and materials only
Business Items FAQ’s
Read our FAQs of common questions about insurance for your business items to find answers to questions you may have.